What is Outdoor Laser Tag?
Outdoor Laser Tag – is a sports and tactical game that imitates combat. Unlike other similar games (paintball and airsoft), a player hit is made not with BBs or plastic pellets, but with the infrared ray (the same which is used, for example, in your TV remote). An infrared ray is emitted by the Tagger of one player and picked up by infrared sensors that are fixed on a strap (usually on the head) of another player, (players can also have option to locate additional infrared sensors on their vests). Once the player gets hit a certain number of times, their weapon stops working and they are considered dead.
Thus, the Laser Tag has some advantages over other similar sports games.
1. Pain-free and safe. The laser tag features no flying-around projectiles, and thus it rules out the possibility of any relevant injury or pain.
2. All time, all ages. People of all ages can play Laser Tag games anytime. Since Laser Tag is very safe, players don't have to wear a great deal of protective equipment such as ever-fogging safety masks or goggles, thick and tight clothing, and other uncomfortable stuff. Therefore, you can easily play Laser Tag in the heat or cold, with children or older people. You can play with a team of peers, or with families with children and the elderly.
3. Cheating is not an option. In other similar forms of entertainment, there is a huge room for some players to cheat. In airsoft game, a player could easily not admit being hit. In paintball game, the pellet may not burst and open up or the player could say that that very paint spot stayed since one of the previous games. In Laser Tag, the game does not rely on an honor system and equipment registers hits and disables a player by itself. The equipment cannot be deceived. This fact removes almost all conflict during gameplay, reinforces the integrity of the game and satisfies players. In addition, it allows you to play without referees.
4. Shooting distances. The accuracy range in airsoft game rarely exceeds 150 feet. With paintball, it is70 feet. In Laser Tag, you can shoot up to 1,000 feet distance, which makes it possible to play on large-area locations and high multi-storey buildings. In some locations, a seasoned sniper can win the game single-handedly even at very large distances. At small distances, there is no risk of injury (like there is in airsoft or paintball due to short range, high energy pellets), and you can play as usual and not be afraid of hurting anyone. Moreover, there is a possibility of using additional equipment, such as a laser tag knife.
5. Little dependence on the weather conditions. Most airsoft guns and paintball markers are unstable at low temperatures, so during the cold seasons, these games are almost never played (in outdoor fields at least). Laser Tag Taggers do not have these disadvantages.
6. No current costs. In paintball or airsoft, you have to buy a large number of pelletspellets, while in Laser Tag, you just need to charge your Tagger from a wall socket.
8. Flexible settings. Since the registration of the hit is taken by an electronic device, you can easily make various settings for different purposes. For example, you can set different damage points for different weapons depending on the type of weapon, the ‘caliber’ of the imitated sample, its weight, and so on. You can also set different hit points for various players depending on their functions or additional safeguarding equipment (helmets, ballistic vest etc). There are some default settings for Laser Tag such as MilSim (military simulation) settings, and so on. You can create custom settings for your own missions and scenarios.
9. Availability of various scenarios. In other sports, such as paintball or airsoft, a lot of scenarios that require revival of ‘wounded’ players or players with lots of hit points are impossible, so it is usually difficult to play scenarios associated with multiple captures or dominations over certain areas, a building or a hill, or it is difficult to play futuristic or post-apocalyptic scenarios, etc. But all of this can be easily implemented with Laser Tag Equipment.